Intergroup Outreach TIPS Series
Review or catch up with past sessions in the series:
September 29th: “How to encourage meetings to send a rep to Intergroup”
- Sponsors, please encourage sponsees to become Intergroup Reps.
- Compliment members in whom you see leadership skills and ask them to give service beyond the group level.
- Appeal to members’ sense of adventure and let them know of potential travel and Assembly opportunities (see Resources).
- Remind members that service keeps your program solid.
- Remember, if you don’t send an Intergroup rep, you don’t have a voice in the future of OA.
- Intergroups, please complete an update form, including survey questions, to inform Intergroup renewal.
July 21st – “How to Host Recovery Events”
- Funding and technology can support you in hosting Intergroup-wide and Region 8-wide OA recovery events:
- For technology help, contact and
- For funding advice, contact
- Consider hosting a Region 8 Recovery Convention; it’s fun and marvelous for recovery sustenance.
- Communication is key whenever you produce OA recovery events.
May 19th – “How to Encourage Intergroup to Send A Rep to Region 8 Assemblies and/or World Service Organization Conferences”
- Any level of OA service keeps us abstinent.
- Region 8 or World Service level service can be transformative and keeps us abstinent.
- Tip Sheet
March 10th – “How to Grow and Develop New Groups or Meetings”
- Any individual OA member can start a group or meeting.
- OA members who are willing to give service are the key to healthy groups and meetings.
- Region 8 funding and resources from org are available (see ‘Chat Transcript’ link:)
- Chat Transcript
January 20th – “How to use Public Information / Professional Outreach (PI/PO) Efforts to Bring in Newcomers”
- Our primary purpose is to abstain from compulsive eating and compulsive food behaviors and to carry the message of recovery through the Twelve Steps of OA to those who still suffer.
- You can request money for your Region 8 intergroup to order what you need from Public Information resources to help you carry the message to those who still suffer and to attract newcomers.
- Chat Transcript